Oldenburg, Indiana. Incorporated in 1869, Oldenburg is called the "Village of Spires" because of its churches and religious educational institutions. At the north end of Pearl St., is the Immaculate Conception Convent Cemetery and shrine. The convent cemetery is easily distinguished by its rows of simple white crosses and a fieldstone chapel. The Chapel of the Immaculate Conception dates from 1891. Nearby the Holy Family Parish Cemetery and the parish cemetery is noted for its unusual iron grave markers.
OldenburgIndianacemeterypanoramapine treesChapel of the Immaculate Conception